Tuesday 20 December 2016

2017 The Plan




2016 was a year of challenges and growth for me in my quilting and blogging and I’m hoping to build on that for next year. Here’s what I’ve got planned so far.

I loved being part of the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Hop this year and I’m hoping to build on the sense of community I got from that next year. To that end I’ve been accepted into two bees (or not two bees – sorry couldn’t resist J). I’m in Hive 1 for Stash Bee with a whole new bunch of people; and it seems that other members of the 2016NQB didn’t want to let go of the camaraderie either and we have started our own offshoot bee, Bee Inspired for next year. I’m really looking forward to the challenges these are sure to throw at me… I think.

I signed up for the Modern Quilt Guild mini swap and that project is due in February. This is my first ever swap and it’s something I’ve wanted to try for ages.



There has to be a Quilt Along somewhere in the mix and I’m planning on joining the Garden Snail Quilt Along on Instagram. I’ve already confessed my deep abiding love of snails and so this project has my name all over it, plus one block a week is something I can manage.

I’ve got some personal projects planned as well and a lot of them are minis which should make me look like I’ve accomplished a lot by this time next year. I’ve been doing a bit of designing on a doodle type scale of late and I want to make a few of them up so that’s what a lot of them will be.

I hesitate to put this down but (deep breath) I intend to open my own Craftsy shop. In my more confident moments I think there should be nothing to doing this. Still… a big step.

I’ve got a blogging routine going where I post about once a fortnight and that gives me enough time to play around with other things and is regular so the blog doesn’t get neglected. I’ve been hanging around the edges of Instagram for the last two years. This year I think I’m going to post more frequently there. They tell me it’s the platform of the quilting future present so I guess I should embrace it.

And if you’re posting on Instagram then you need a few photography skills and hopefully I’ll improve on that frontier as the year progresses as well. I recently discovered a blog which might interest a few of you, iPhone Photography School Blog. Who knew you could do all those things?


And that’s the list for now. I’m linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl for her prizes ;-).

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have fun mixed in with real goal setting for next year! I hope you have a wonderful year ahead and thank you for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic set of goals. I'll cross my fingers for you with your Craftsy shop - you're so brave to launch out into the world like that, so I hope it will be wonderful for you. And you have now made me feel like I need to add snails to my list of things to make this year (there's a sentence I never thought I'd utter). They're just so cute!! Looking forward to following along and seeing how you go :-)
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great variety of goals Sue. I am so impressed you are going to open your new Craftsy shop, lots of luck for that one and I am so happy to be in a Bee with you. I can't get away with Instagram, maybe I'm too chatty. UP THE BLOGGERS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year your going to have. I hope you have lots of fun with Bee Inspired. Thanks for the link to the photo blog - have bookmarked that for later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to the photography blog...I love it and need it! Yes, you can open a Craftsy store, it's fun and easy! So glad to see you in the Bee Inspired, I am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list for 2017 and thanks for the photography blog link, I am headed there now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How have I managed to live without seeing that snail quilt along before.....I have no time but maybe I can make one. Your goals are very specific and manageable and thanks for that photography link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great plans and good luck with the Craftsy store! Thanks for the photography link too - I really need some tips and tricks in that department! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue it has been wonderful getting to know you and read your blog this past year! I look forward to following along in your 2017 journey. Sounds like you have some fun things planned with the bees and your first swap! Here's to a great 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your 2017 quilting plan is both inspiring and well thought out. It's clear that you have a passion for quilting, and your detailed plan reflects a commitment to creativity and organization. I'm excited to see how your projects unfold throughout the year.
    how much is 30 dollars an hour annually

    ReplyDelete