Thursday 11 May 2017

Pantone Quilt Challenge 2017 Finished!



This is my entry into this year’s Pantone Quilt Challenge. Finishing up at 30 ½ inches square, it squeaks into the Quilt category.


The herringbone design has been on my wish list and all over my Pinterest boards for several years and finally I can tick it off as done.


This is made with most of a Kona Woodland charm pack and some yardage of Kona Limelight (I think) and white from my stash.



I was originally thinking of keeping the quilting to a simple outline of the shapes but decided to go denser and I’m glad I did because it gives it great texture.

15 comments:

  1. This is really lovely! I really like the greens you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed this post until now. I agree with Debbie and love the mix of greens you used. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute - great mix of greens, great use of value contrast, and your quilting really does set off the geometry of it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful quilt for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green is not my favorite color, but I love the greens you have combined here. This is a great quilt, and I'm happy to see you squeaking in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out great! And I do love the texture created by the quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. I love green/white quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Green is my favorite color :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue! This is beautiful! I have made this pattern with mixed colours Kona charm pack and the quilt is one of my favourites. Your quilting is also great! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colour, pattern and the quilting really sets it off so well. The internet is truly an amazing place - I'm south of the river in Perth too! Heading to the Craft Fair - hope you get there while it's on, amazing quilts to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful! These shades of green are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a huge green fan, but this combination is gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right - the quilting adds great texture, Sue. Love your use of green with the white to contrast. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely combo of pattern and color! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful greenery quilt!
    Greetings form Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete