Monday 9 January 2017

FAL Q1 GOALS


Well we made it into 2017 – hope your NYE was suitably celebratory – and even though all is not right with the world at least we don’t live in a totalitarian police state, censoring all cultural activity where the U.S. government pacifies the populace by broadcasting game shows where convicted criminals fight for their lives, as predicted in The Running Man.
Not usually being a person who has multiple projects on the go at once I haven’t joined the FAL before, this time I do have several projects in varying stages, not many, mind, but a few.

1.     MQG MINI SWAP QUILT

 

This one is due in February, I’ve made the blocks, sashed it, quilted it, it just needs a binding, and it will be done. This should be an easy quick finish. Here’s a sneak peek.

2.     I’m joining in the GARDEN SNAILS QUILT ALONG being held jointly on Instagram by @penandpaperpatterns and @gnomeangel. I’ve already made a few blocks, here’s a sneak peek of one that I made with the tail upside down *sigh*. 



     I’m thinking that I will turn these into a couple of mini quilts. I don’t know if they will get finished this quarter but here’s hoping!

3.     I’ve made a start on my PAY IT FORWARD CRAFT gifts and I need to get these done this quarter. There’s no photo for these since it’s secret sewing…

4.     SCRAP PROJECT/S I spent New Year’s Day sorting and re-organising my stash since it had gotten out of hand and the cupboard had become like the Bermuda Triangle. There was fabric in there, that I was positively 100 per cent sure was in there, that seemed to disappear without trace. (I also discovered that I’m down to my last ½ yard of solid white – I almost went into panic mode!) Since I’m in two bees this year I really needed to get things under control so I could find things fairly quickly. In the process of doing this I realised my scrap collection had outgrown its space and needed some serious culling before it becomes too overwhelming.

I’m still sorting through ideas but at this stage I’m thinking of making one large block per month with the aim of making a quilt top by the end of the year. On my short list is either a log cabin type block or a foundation pieced quarter circle block that will check one of my goals of learning to sew circles off my list as well.
I’m leaning towards the latter since it will be a no pressure project and make a good practice piece. I’ve seen one recently that is the inspiration for this idea but can’t seem to find it now. It’s similar to the Improv Fans quilt on this post from Stitched in Colour but not monochromatic.
I’m linking up with the new FAL hosts for 2017. Happy sewing!

  • Sarah - Sew me - Northern Ireland

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some fun projects planned for the year ahead. Good luck with those finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals. They look like fun ones....I love the snail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet projects and achievable goals. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list of goals. I have a feeling that 207 is going to be wonderful!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome. I've been seeing those adorable snails all over IG, too cute. I too love scrappy projects. Good Luck with all of your goals. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up on reading blogs ..... so happy you have linked up - good luck with your projects this quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post about your FAL Q1 goals is both inspiring and motivating. Setting clear objectives for your quilting projects is a fantastic way to stay organized and make steady progress.
    frugalishness

    ReplyDelete