Wednesday 3 October 2018

September 2018 Bee Block Round-up



The Modern Christmas trees block has been on my bucket list must-makes for a while now and making a couple of blocks for September’s Stash Bee Queen Dawn hasn’t changed my mind. These were a fun and simple block. 


The tutorial by Amy from Diary of a Quilter is really easy to follow and the technique couldn’t be simpler and has me thinking that there must be plenty of  other shapes that could be done like this. Amy already has the Modern Basket block which I’m definitely planning on making. 


And in Bee Inspired this month we have two Queens. Irene asked for 16 inch log cabin blocks made up of 1 inch strips (tutorial here) in whites and off-whites


And Janice requested house blocks using Sandra from mmm! Quilts pattern (free!).


I made a second one on behalf of Kate from Smiles from Kate who is out of action for a while at least. We’re all hoping she makes a speedy recovery and in the meantime we’re taking it in turns to make angel blocks.

Happy sewing
Sue


6 comments:

  1. A plethora of Bee blocks, and all completely different too. I love the tree blocks you made in all the fun fabrics, cuteness itself. Log Cabin is such a classic design, an interesting twist in all neutrals. Love love love the house blocks in all those fun, funky fabrics, Janice will love them, they are right up her street. Thank you so much for making my block, the Bee Inspired girls are the best anyone could have as Bee mates. I’m so lucky to have you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great! That house is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks; the trees are a lot of fun to make and the log cabin is very square and precise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your trees! I've seen the houses before but they make me smile every time! Bees are great for introducing a variety of fun blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your bee block roundups! They are always inspirational. Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bee blocks! I really like the trees and the different prints that you used.

    ReplyDelete