Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Black Jack – a finished flimsy


I’ve adapted the Double Fat Jack tutorial over at Lily’s Quilts again . This time it was doubled (original cutting sizes minus ½” multiply by 2 and add ½”) to make a quilt that finishes up at 44 x 58 inches



I used two batiks along with a newsprint fabric from my stash (yay!) to make this version (see the others here). 



Summer is definitely on its way – the days are longer and we had our first scorcher on Saturday. Here in Western Australia we don’t have Daylight Saving so mornings are perfect for a pyjama-clad photo shoot in the backyard. Or anywhere else for that matter, since it appears wearing pyjama tops is a current fashion trend, just not teamed with slippers and pillow hair.


Later that day I took it out for a shaded lunchtime photo shoot, carefully hanging it on a brick wall. It looked perfect! And then I realised I hadn’t brought my camera or phone… dammit… I threw a minor tantrum and didn’t go back for another try.

5 comments:

  1. That leaf print is just gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Sue! And the fabrics you used, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those batiks are gorgeous! Congrats on a beautiful finish. That sounds like something I would do, but I'd remember the camera just not the camera battery:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm rocking the pillow hair too! Lol. I love the batiks paired with the newsprint!

    ReplyDelete