Wednesday 22 August 2018

August 2018 Bee Block Round-up





I was last month’s queen for Bee Inspired and I didn't post a round up so once again there are three blocks to show you this month. August’s queen for Stash Bee is Kerry at lmnop864. We made the very scrappy crossroads block using the tutorial by Lori Holt from Bee in My  Bonnet. I made mine using mini charms I had on hand so I was able to bypass the cutting and collecting of scraps. The finished block size is 16 inches.


Jan from Cocoa Quilts was queen for July and we made her red and white Merri-mints blocks. I love a red and white quilt and this should be a good one. The tutorial is from Moda Bakeshop, available here.


And in Bee Inspired this month we have Queen Karen from Tu-na Quilts Travels and Eats. We made Wanta Fanta blocks from the Blossom Hearts Quilts Bee Hive series. The block goes together quickly and easily and there are some very effective versions of this quilt around.

Bees are great for the experience of making single blocks without the commitment of a whole quilt, the trouble is it just adds more quilts to my list of ‘wouldn’t mind making someday quilts’ and that’s huge already!

Happy sewing
Sue


5 comments:

  1. Bees are definitely fun ways to sample a lot of blocks. I am personally really drawn to the Wanta Fanta block you created. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crossroads block is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have to say I love al three blocks!! I agree that making bee blocks is a great way to try different designs without commitment to a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, it is hard to make my bee blocks without wanting to make a whole quilt! This month's bee blocks are so wonderful! Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks that I am sure will be loved. I've always loved the crossroads block and I particularly love that small cat print I see peeking out at me :)

    ReplyDelete